I have decided that I just can not keep up with a blog that post things like mile stones and such unless I show my true self. Hens the new title, "Our Perfectly Imperfect Life". Our family is so unpredictable and we are so not the type of family that has everything in check. So I thought it would be fun to share some of our funny yet very unusual stories with the world. Just to break the ice I am going to go back a few years and share our table and chair story, Hope You Enjoy!!!
Nine years ago when the local K-mart was going out of business Jason and I decided to take a look and see if we could find any good deals. We were just starting out so needless to say we had NOTHING !!! We truly had nothing other then cloths and all of Manni's stuff. We didn't even have, dare I say it, A TV!!!!! Well, to our surprise all the electronics were sold out. Talk about being young and naive, of course the electronics went first...LOL!!! So we thought we would look around and see if we could find any other deals. We did find some sweet deals on towels (that we still have), and some sheets for our full size hand me down bed. The BIGGEST purchase we made that day was our wooden table that was marked down to 50.00. At the time that was a lot of money for us to spend but we thought it would be worth it in the long run. Our plan was to save and buy the chairs one at a time and with in a few month we would have our WONDERFUL table and chairs.
Lets fast forward four years, to a week before Isabella was born. We still had our WONDERFUL table but NO chairs. Yes, people we still had not gotten around to buying chairs. We had taken our lawn chairs from outside and had been using them this whole time. Oh, and to top it off these were not nice lawn chairs, I am talking the cheep plastic want to be lawn chairs. Well, Mom Clay was coming down from Maine and we didn't want her to think we were poor (people we were poor) so we took some money out of our puny little savings and bought TWO wooden chairs. We thought this was WONDERFUL because we had been using those horrible plastic chairs for the past four years, we could now put two back outside and only have to keep two at the table. Of course Mom being the person that she is came down and said nothing but nice things about our house and our things. She offered to buy two more chairs for us but we insisted that we were going to buy them some time in the next few months.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!!!
Fast forward two more years to a few months before Gabriele was to be due. We still had our wonderful, trusty, plastic chairs sitting up to the table. We again had never gotten around to buying two more chairs and now we had a third child coming our way. Mom and Dad Clay this time were both staying with us to help out with the kids. Of course Mom and Dad Clay being the way they are offered many times to buy the chairs for us but we insisted we were fine and we would get around to buying them. I am sure at this point Mom had told Dad that we said that last time she was down and as they could see never bought them. Well, for our Christmas gift that year they went to the store and bought us two more chairs. After seven years of dealing with our cheep plastic chairs we were able to sit in one of our four wooden chairs.
Now we are at present day and have come to a fork in the road. Do we want to purchase a bigger table or just add two more chairs to our trusty table. We are now a family of six and four chairs is not going to cut it for much longer. Not just that if we were to have family over to eat do we set up a folding table and chairs or do we just break down and buy another set that is bigger??? Knowing us as a family I am sure we will wait till the last minute and then decided on a whim what we are going to do.
So that is just one of the many crazy, procrastinating, funny, stories that we have. Like I said we are so not the family that has all our ducks in a row or really have much of a plan. We sort of just take things as they come and I guess hope for the best. Oh, and don't worry when I do run out of stories to tell I am sure one of the kids, Jason, or myself will have done something to add to our collection of a, "Our Perfectly Imperfect Life".
1 comment:
Good job Nikki. Look forward to your future posts. Will check back on a regular basis.
Post a Comment