Monday, May 14, 2012

YAY!! Teacher Gift!!

I am actually able to get a craft blog up today and am very excited about this. I have been so busy with the kids end of the year stuff and life in general that I have not had the time to get on my blog. I am always trying to think of quick in expensive things to make for the kids teachers and staff at school. I know how unappreciated teachers and staff feel at times and am always trying to brighten there day even if it is something as simple as a note or flower pen. Thus, my craft last week, actually last Thursday night, for the kids teachers!!!

The List:  One Small Chalk Board (Hobby Lobby 3.00)
                A roll of Scrapbook Ribbon (Hobby Lobby .99)
                Permanent Vinyl Lettering (My Etsy shop, on your Cricut or
                Silhouette, or another Etsy shop
                A Glue Gun and Glue Sticks or Ribbon Glue (longer to dry but nicer finish)


Before doing anything make sure you have cleaned your board with a wet, clean washcloth, so it has time to thoroughly dry.





Cricut and Silhouette users, measure the actual size of the board (excluding the frame) so you can plot it actually!!

After you have your applique cut out take the first line (Keep Calm and) and place it near the top of the board over towards the left side.





Place (Teach) in the center of the board and finally place (On) at the bottom of the board to the right side.







Your final step is to cut and place the ribbon around the trim. I used three different kinds since the ribbon is only .99 cents and you use most of it. 






You can either place a bracket on the back for hanging or use the remaining ribbon to attach to the top of the board for hanging!!

I hope to blog about my other project's in the next week or so!!!





1 comment:

personalised gifts said...

Really great post, Thank you for sharing.