The other day I was in the kitchen cooking diner when Isabella came in, jumped onto the counter, and sat down on the edge. (Don't worry it was next to the sink away from the stove:)
"Mommy, can I help?"
"UUUUMMM, no not right now, I am just waiting for the water to boil," hoping that would pacify her.
"Mommy, can I ask you a question?"
"Yeah, what do you want to ask me?"
"I was wondering if its okay for me to be a teacher and a nurse?"
Turning to look at her with a loving smile I said, "You can be both, you can teach nursing! That way you are teaching and are a nurse at the same time."
"Yeah, I don't know, I will have to think about that. Maybe, I can just be a kindergarten teacher and have fun all day playing with kids!"
Turing my head slightly to the left with a more serous look I said, "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, but you know you don't PLAY with kids all day, you have to teach them."
With a sweet smile Isabella said, "I KNOW! Well, I will teach and I can bring my two kids to your house and you can watch them for me!"
"Yeah, that would be nice, but things can change and I might be working some place else!"
"MOMMY, you can't work some place else who's going to watch my kids while I go to work? Any ways, I will be living right down the street so they can just walk down here in the morning before I go to work!"
Looking at her with a big smile on my face now I just knoded and poored the rice into the pot. Thinking the conversation was over, I started to busy myself preparing the rest of dinner.
"Mommy," in a giddy sort of voice! "I love you!"
"Thank you Isabella, I love you too," kissing her gently on her head.
"I Love you Mommy, BUT I can't live with you when I get older!"
Looking surprised and rather amuzed I said, "Really! Why do you say that?"
"Mommy, you know that I love you a lot, but I don't want to fight with you when I get older! I can just live down the street from you that way I have my own space!"
Looking rather surprised and amuzed I asked the ulitmate question, "What do you mean you don't want to fight with me?"
Sitting up straight, Isabella placed her hands on her hips and looked at me with a matter of fact look. "Mommy, you know we fight now because I am JUST LIKE YOU! SO, I don't think we should live in the same house because I am going to want my house my way and you want your house your way. The problem is you are going to be OLD and I don't want to hurt your feelings because my way is better. So it's better if we just live in different houses. I Love you that much Mommy!"
I just look at her and chuckle to myself, because my eight year old daughter is just too much! In one conversation she let me know that I am going to take care of her TWO kids while she is at work, live down the street from her, that I will be OLD, and that her way is better then mine!
YES, that is my daughter through and through and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
LOVE YOU ISABELLA, my sweet girl!!!!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment