I causally turn down the review mirror hoping that Donato isn't eating something totally and utterly discussing. With a weary smile I ask the question I would soon regret!
"What taste like honey?"
With a huge smile on his face and a devious look in his beautiful hazel eyes, he proceeds to shove his chunky little figure into his nose. Before I could utter stop he shoves his fingers into his mouth and smiles a huge smile!
"That taste like honey, Mommy!"
OH MY GOSH! My four year old just eat his boogers and then explains to me that it taste like honey! What do you say what do you do other the gag or throw up! Being oh so clever and thinking quickly I didn't react the way I wanted to and pull over and vomit, no I instead became proactive.
Glancing back at him in the review mirror I smile a queasy looking smile and shake my head at him!
"Donato did you know that your boogers have germs in them?"
"WHAT!? Mommy is that the truth they really do have germs in them?"
"Yes, Donato they have lots of germs I them and you just put them in your mouth."
Donato looks at me with a sickly look and starts to wipe his tongue with a napkin out of his car seat cup holder.
"Wait a minute, your saying they have bugs in them! Wait, Wait, Wait, I just eat BUGS and they are I my nose!! Mommy germs are little bugs and I eat them"
"OH MY GOSH, I just eat a ROACH and it was in my nose! Mommy bugs are in my nose and I hate roaches so NO it doesn't taste like honey!"
He then looks at his sister and tells her with a very matter of fact attitude that there are bugs her nose too and she should NEVER try to eat her boogers!
A morning in the life of a four year old, whom is too smart for his own good:)

No comments:
Post a Comment