Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gluten Free Diet



For those who do not know Donato has Celiac Disease thus he can't have gluten. At first I didn't think this was such a big deal I mean come on how many things really have gluten.





EVERYTHING!!!







Well, not everything but just about everything you can think of has gluten in it. We are talking from bread and pasta, to juice and vanilla extract. I soon learned as well that not all baby food company's are make the same. What I mean by that is, you have your fav baby food company's then you have your baby food company's that you really don't give any thought to. I hate to say this but my fav baby food company's, Gerber and Earth's Best, don't cater to children with Celiac Disease. To my surprise Beech Nut and Plum are very helpful and have list of things that are gluten free. Let me just tell you how much easier it is to go to the store look on the shelve at a particular product and know it is safe for your child to eat. I was very disappointed though that Earth's Best and Gerber both just tell you to read the label. When you have small children shopping with you it is a lot easier to find the product that says gluten free then glans over the ingredients just to make sure.

During this discovery of Gluten free products I have also found that Gluten free food is NOT cheep people. I mean to tell you for something like baby pick up cereal the cheapest I found was 3.49 a bag but the bag is about half of what you would get front he Gerber brand.


Here is one of the bags but remember pictures are deceiving.

This is the same bag with my hand on top of it. Now just open your hand up and that is about how big the bag is.

VERY SMALL



I did find a site EcoMom that is WONDERFUL and a lot cheaper then most sites and lightning fast shipping. I ordered my stuff on a Friday night and received it Tuesday Morning with a free thing of wipes!!! Not only did I find the food that I wanted at a reasonable price for Donato but his lotion as well. Donato has eczema really bad and the lotion we use on him was twice as much every place else. I really think they are going to be my new fav web site to shop for Donato, they were just WONDERFUL!!!

Here is our eleven dollar lotion!!! I can't complain too much because the stuff really does work, so well worth the money.

If you want to check out the site I found oh so very helpful go to:

http://www.ecomom.com/

Make sure you punch in the referral code to receive an extra 15% off your purchase.

Code: SB004524 (those are zero's)


No comments: