Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July and More

Our 4th of July was WONDERFUL and was spent with family at my mothers house. Having all the cousins together was nice, and Kristen did a wonderful job picking up little crafts and glow sticks for the kids. My mother made another one of the "big sesory bags" or water pads as my kids call them now and the little pool was filled and ready to go when we arrived. There was more then enough food and I cheeted on my diet by indulging in Kristen's oreo pops and chocolate covered strawberries!!!! Kristen makes the most wonderful deserts and they are so addicting, but also very fattening!! After serving the kids there food the adults ventured outside to talk and eat leaving poor Kim inside with all the kids. She said when she went into the fridge to get a chocolate covered strawberry and an oreo pop she turned around to have eight little voltures surrounding her with little puppy eyes!! Luckly I had made some cupcakes for the kids and she offered them a piece offering!!! LOL!! I just thought it was funny that Kim goes to get sweets only to turn around to all the little kids surrounding her like a pack of wolves!!! Any who, after everyone eat we all pilled into the cars to go and watch the fire works show in Sugar Land!!! All in all it was a very nice 4th of July and the kids all had a blast!!!

Our 4th of July was a welcome change from our roller coaster of a ride week!! Last week I was taken to the hospital because I could not speak or move the left side of my body. Mind you I am only 32 years old and other then being over weight, my cholesterall and blood preasure are perfect!! Last time I went to the doctor three months ago my blood preasure was 108/65 and my cholesterall was 163!!! Any who, when I first started feeling wierd I noticed that my speach was becoming sleared and I couldn't finish my thought. I also noticed that my vertigo had started to kick in and my wonderful allergies. I thought if I laid down at my moms I would feel better in an hour or so. That was so not the case, after a period of time I tried to get up only to notice it was really hard to move my left leg. When I called for my mom the only thing that came out was a bunch of jumbled sounds. It took me a few minutes of "calling" before Zach my brother heard me making noise and called my mom. My mom tried to get me to sit up and talk, but it was very clear that I was not able to so she called Jason. As soon as Jason came in the door I started to cry even harder because I couldn't  make many noises and I felt everything spinning and so wanted to just go home. Jason got me into the car and rushed me to the ER, by then I could not move my left side at all and the ER personnel had to come and get me out of the car. Any who, after being admitted I must have had a dozen test run and to my relief I was told I had vertigo, NO KIDDING, and I had a complex migraine. We were educated on how a complex migraine mimics a stroke and with out the right medication it can go on for days and some times a week or longer. I was given some meds and told next time I feel that kind of migraine coming on I needed to take my medication immediately and if the migraine is not getting better after two doses I needed to go to a hospital. Then to top everything off the kids and I all got a cold and since my body is in shock the doctor said my immune system is down, GREAT!!! Any who, we are all at the tail end of our cold and finally feeling like we are able to function.

I am also in the midst of more changes with my shop and moving all my vinyl iron on into another shop. I am opening another shop up with my mother that is going to offer only iron appliques made from vinyl and screen print. My shop, One Sassy lil Sweet Pea, will offer only vinyl decals and iron on fabric appliques and a few pre-made products, mainly during the holidays and back to school. Oh, and I will be returning to school this fall to acquire a degree in, Digital Communication, something I am very excited about!!!

Exciting new things always happening around here!!!!

ONTO THE PICTURES!!!!!

RED, WHITE, and BLUE cupcakes I made!!



My pink lemonade and RED, WHITE, and BLUE cupcakes!!



Donato playing with his glow sticks Aunt Kristen got him!!!



Steven, Isabella, Devyn, Gabriele, and Violet waiitng for fireworks



What a bunch of HAMS



Loving the fireworks!!!



Bella showing off her new earrings from



Kristen's very addicting chocolate covered strawberries
and oreo pops!!! They are SO GOOD!!!!



Red, White, and Blue







Till next time.......

2 comments:

Dizzywestsidegirl said...

Nicole I hope you are feeling much better this week. Like I said before, I suffer from Vertigo and that isn't any fun to begin with. The cupcakes look yummy and the kids, adorable as usual.

Unknown said...

Thanks!!! I think vertigo is the worst just because you are right it strikes without warning!!! Any who, you have to post more pictures of the kids up on Facebook for us!!!